Marketing Communications Specialist – Professional: The Traffic Manager is the primary point of contact for all projects or requests coming into the Marketing Department. This includes Creative Services, Media Relations, and Dinng (LifeVantage’s Creative Agency of record). This role is a customer service serving role and must be customer-obsessed in achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
The Traffic Manager will own execution and management of high priority projects and initiatives within the Marketing Department. He/She will oversee delivery and acceptance of the project scope as defined in the statement of work including tasks, deliverables, milestones, and resources, all the time coordinating with the core Marketing Team and Dinng Team as needed.
The Traffic Manager is responsible for conducting a daily stand-up meeting at 8:45am to 9:00am with the entire Marketing Department to go over top priorities for the day and any upcoming pending projects.
This includes the day-to-day management of project workflow and project status communication to all stakeholders. At the minimum the Traffic Coordinator must inform all stakeholder of the status of their respective projects on a weekly basis.
The Traffic Manager is also responsible to learn and become an expert in the Wrike project management software program that tracks projects and proofs. Must be able to create templates and understand process mapping to identify efficiencies in accordance with the department SOP. As a service provider, the Traffic Manager will aid in the completion of all creative briefs should the stakeholder need assistance. The Traffic Manager is also required to respond to all creative brief submissions within a 24-hour time frame. He/She also coordinates all activities of the projects including assigning to-do’s or tasks in Wrike, daily follow-ups and ensures that the projects’ tasks are completed on time and within budget, and facilitating all meetings (e.g., kick-offs, weekly status meetings, etc.). Responsible for taking notes and communicating action-items to team.
The Traffic Manager must be cross-trained in translation tables and obtaining translations as a back-up for the Marketing Generalist. He/She will act as a back-up to obtain quotes on behalf of the stakeholder and obtain approval prior to submitting projects for translations. The Traffic Manager must be cross-trained in completing Purchase Orders in its entirety with the corresponding Department being billed for the translations, attach the quote, and obtain the signature of the stakeholder and the CFO or COO. Once all signatures have been received, he/she will submit to Accounts Payable for processing.
The Traffic Manager is the central client point of contact throughout the life of the project. Thus, this position must demonstrate a strong commitment to building relationships within the company and externally. Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal) are a must along with being a master collaborator.
This position will report to the Director of Creative Services with a dotted line to VP of Brand Strategy. He/she will have partnerships with Brand Management, R&D, Creative, Finance, Sales, Merchandising, Operations, Legal/Regulatory, Compliance, Customer Service, IT, Events, Recognition, QC, Corporate Communications, International Sales and Executives and external vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
Division of Skillset
- 100% Performing Tactics
- Manage all day-to-day administrative activities of a given project from inception to fruition
- Ensures that all creative briefs are complete (in final form) with a defined scope, timeframe and reviewed by Legal/Regulatory prior to assigning project into Marketing Department to ensure the project can be completed on time and within budget
- Oversee project delivery process with key contributors to help manage scape and prepare for any change requests that could affect the tasks, deliverables, milestones, resources and estimated costs
- Maintain regular communication with the customer (originator) and the internal and external teams to manage customer expectations
- Excellent problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to identify issues solve them quickly and know when to rely on internal resources to assist
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Superb organizational skills to be able to coordinate complicated projects
- Must have the aptitude to communicate experiences in formal post-mortem, providing lessons learned, and strive for best practices
- Have excellent project management skills
- Attends meetings as necessary
- Strive for best practices and create policies and procedures or SOPs (as needed)
- Passionate about learning and open to change
- Displays commitment to excellence; looking for ways to improve
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making capability under pressure
- Crossed trained in the execution of contractors and contracts, purchase orders, CDA, invoices, etc.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal)
- Handles conflict constructively; favoring personal interaction whenever possible
- Possesses and portrays a mature, professional, ethical and positive company image and demeanor
- Communicates with honesty and in a constructive and supportive manner
- Must be to interact with our Customers and Distributors in a friendly and approachable manner
- Must be willing to provide the best customer service experience to all stakeholders which includes our Distributors at all events
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or other qualified field required
- Six Sigma certificate of completion or certification, Lean certification or Project Management (PMP) certification is highly desirable and considered a huge plus and will be given preferential consideration
- Traffic or Account experience in agency or other fast-paced, high-volume environment will also be considered
- Experience with management of agencies or external marketing vendors a plus
- Adept in working with a broad range of departments and in a global and matrix organization
- Experience in working in international markets and/or roles is preferred
- Experience in Direct Selling industry is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program and Mac programs
- Highly effective and productive; ability to multi-task under an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- High-caliber and results driven and oriented
- Someone who is self-governing, proactive and motivated
- Someone who embraces the spirit of teamwork but can work autonomously
- Proactive worker with very strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work daily
- Handles conflict in an appropriate, constructive, and professional manner; does not get easily derailed
- Is widely trusted and viewed as a truthful, ethical person
- Behaves ethically and reports unethical behavior of others
- Maintains confidentiality; and adheres to Company policies
- Shows responsibility in punctuality and attendance; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; available as necessary when out of the office
- Must be able to attend and work all corporate events (Convention and Elite Academies)
- Must be able to lift 25-30 pound boxes and stand for long periods of time during events
- Must be able to participate in team building events or professional growth opportunities